A new online booking system has launched for patients in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin requiring a blood test.
The new self-book system has been introduced by SaTH for its blood testing service.
Patients aged 16-years-old or over can now book their own appointment at a time of their choice, and at a venue from one of the current options:
- Elizabeth House at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
- Mallings Health at Princess Royal Hospital in Telford
- Whitchurch Community Hospital
- Bridgnorth Community Hospital
As well as providing a more convenient way for patients to book their test, the online booking system will help to reduce patient waiting times and assist with social distancing at clinics.
The new booking system - Book Your Blood Test Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin - is designed to be easy for patients to access and manage their appointments.
To use the online booking system patients will need their NHS number and an email address. From 19 July, they will be able to book an online appointment via www.sath.nhs.uk/bloodtests
Patients were previously only able to make an appointment via a telephone booking line as there are no walk-in appointments due to COVID-19 restrictions. The telephone booking line – 01743 492510 – will still be available for:
- Patients below 16-years-old
- Patients whose blood form clearly states ‘urgent’
- Patients whose form states ‘fasting’
- Patients who require an urgent blood test for Warfarin monitoring within 48 hours
- Patients who are experiencing problems booking through the online booking system
- Any paediatric bloods for Telford GPs, should contact Donnington services to book blood tests on 01743 450855
- The Booking Line is open Monday-Friday between 9am and 4pm (excluding public bank holidays)
The online booking system will be in place for 12 months while the wider review of the county’s Phlebotomy services progresses.
It is in place only for SaTH phlebotomy services; arrangements for GP phlebotomy services remain unchanged.
Patients attending for a blood test will need to wear a face covering during their visit and adhere to social distancing requirements. They must also ensure they bring their blood form with them to their appointment.