Patient Services Advisor
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our administration team. Experience in general practice is desirable.
The post is a part-time position for 25 hours per week from 1.30pm-6:30pm
The candidate may be required to work other shifts patterns as per the needs of the business to cover holiday / sickness.
Purpose of the role:
To provide a point of contact for patients and act as a focal point of communication between patients, doctors and other medical and non-medical members of staff.
To liaise with Partners, Primary Health Care team members, hospitals and hospital staff, doctors, undertakers, pharmacists, emergency services and medical representatives.
Main duties of the role:
- To greet patients on arrival and to log arrivals on to the computer screen or direct patient to self-check in
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover, ensure procedures are completed.
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors.
- Enter requests for home visits onto computer and including all relevant information such as address, telephone number, reason for request and urgency. Refer to Duty Doctor where necessary.
- To receive messages for district nurses, health visitors and other members of the primary care team send manage as appropriate.
- To check messages on computer screen to ensure that information about any unresolved or urgent matter is passed on to colleagues.
- To check waiting areas after each session and ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy.
- To actively respond to incoming telephone calls from patients, booking appointments and managing the clinical appointment system.
- Receive and make calls as required. Divert calls and take messages as appropriate.
- Enter details of telephone calls on to computer relaying patient’s messages to doctors.
- Telephone patients with messages regarding results etc.
- Follow end of day procedures and ensure that offices and consulting rooms are checked and shut down for the day.
- Ensure all mail is passed onto scanning
- When required action requests for ambulance and transport and enter details on computer.
- Any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post.
Special requirements of the post.
- An understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality.
- Ability to use own judgement, resourcefulness, common sense and local knowledge, to respond to patients enquiries and requests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness and ability to work as part of a large primary care team.
- A willingness to take part in further training and development as identified.
- An ability to keep calm under pressure in a busy working environment
Donnington Medical Practice is a very busy urban practice. We have a patient list size of over 14,500 patients. This is a demanding role and we are looking for a candidate who forward thinking, confident and is able to work under pressure as part of team.
Click on the following link: https://starjobsearch.co.uk/jobs/patient-services-advisor-telford/2425-1/
Or apply in writing together with your CV to Practice Manager, Donnington Medical Practice, Health Centre, Wrekin Drive, Donnington, Telford, Shropshire, TF2 8EA
Closing date: Thursday 30 September 2021